Monday, 29 July 2013

Go big or go home!

What a weekend! We had three major events this weekend and there was no slowing down! Friday was supposed to be a relaxing day, preparing for the weekend, but we ended up having a last-minute photo shoot and interview with The Sunday Times! How crazy! They wanted to talk to young stay-at-home mums and I think there are so few of us on the ground that they only found me, ha! I was a little worried how they'd portray us but I was actually very pleased with the article. I don't ever recommend photo shoots with children though-it was veering a little close to bedtime and the babies were NOT in the mood!

On Saturday morning, we were up bright and early for Leila's ballet show. It was the funniest half hour of my life. I love Leila more than life but I don't see a ballet career in her future! She is the happiest little girl there, and is evidently loving every minute but she has no idea what is supposed to be going on. 


Harry was underwhelmed by the show!


The show involved the search for a missing magic key. To get the key, you had to do skipping, jumping, hopping and marching. Leila did running. Whilst all the other girls would be daintily dancing in a clockwise circle, Leila would always be found running in the opposite direction!


She just loves it though and was constantly hugging Miss Sarah and the other teachers. I don't care if she never learns to skip, it is just such a joy to see her have so much fun. Beautiful ballerina.


After ballet, we jumped in the car and headed straight to Hanbury Manor for Sunil and Emma's wedding! They had the most beautiful perfect day for it and had chosen the most beautiful venue. Harry and Leila scrubbed up beautifully! I didn't manage to get a picture of Leila on my camera but I'll try to add one of someone else's. 


Emma looked so beautiful and Sunil (my little brother!) looked so handsome and grown-up as he waited for her to walk down the aisle. It was a lovely ceremony and their excitement and happiness was so special. 


We had a fabulous dinner, enjoyed the beautiful grounds and let the babies break it down on the dancefloor for a short while before bed. I had been so worried about the babies behaving but they were absolutely perfect, plus Sunil and Emma were just so relaxed- Harry spent half of the meal, walking around the top table and flirting with the bridesmaid. 




Grandma and Grandad having a dance with Leila and Harry. 


We pushed the babies to the very max for bedtime but they were smiling and happy right until they fell asleep. It was 10pm by the time they slept and, having kicked off my heels and got comfy on the bed whilst waiting for the babies to doze off, it was lights out for Sam and I too!

Luckily we got a good nights sleep as we were up at 6am as Sam had to drive home to prepare for the triathlon. Luckily the babies slept in until later so I could say goodbye to Sam and then get dressed while waiting for them to wake. After breakfast we went back to mum and dads so that I could say goodbye to Harry before heading into town with Leila and our friend, Pip to watch Sam compete in the London Triathlon. We missed his stint in the water but we met up with Margaret and Eric in time to see him finish the cycle and the final lap of his run. He finished in 2h43! An amazing, amazing time! I am so proud of him! He was absolutely shattered on the journey home and Pip was an absolute wonder helping to carry his bike as I looked after Leila! 


He wasn't in too bad a shape this morning and went off to work without any problems-I would have been an absolute wreck the next day! What a hero!

It was such a special weekend. I am so proud of my Leila and Sam for their achievements and I am so excited for Sunil and Emma as they begin married life. I hope they have an incredible time in the Maldives on honeymoon! Congratulations!





7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! Leila is a beautiful little ballerina!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! We had a wonderful time but we are all tired out this week :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. A full on but wonderful weekend for you. And like Joy says, Leila is a beautiful little ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is a cutie but I think a little boisterous for the ballet world!

      Delete
  3. Wow, what an amazing weekend you had :). Lots of lovely events to read about and beautiful pictures as ever :). Thanks for linking to PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing weekend you had :). Lots of lovely events to read about and beautiful pictures as ever :). Thanks for linking to PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a weekend!!!
    love the pictures of your ballerina, too gorgeous! made me laugh the idea of her freestyling during the show!
    your wedding outfit was gorgeous, not to mention your handsome harry's too.
    hope your week was relaxing after this :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments!